Although vaginal steaming has been practiced for centuries from the time when there was no school to study about it, women still learned how to steam safely, properly, and effectively from their mothers and elders. Therefore, if your family is connected with this folk medicine, I recommend you to learn your tradition and practice it. It is not only for your well-being but also for the next generations as you contribute to preserve the tradition that is increasingly being lost today.
If you don’t have a direct connection to the steaming practice in your lineage, working with an informed practitioner can bring you different benefits such as:
- Conducting your steam practice in safety
- Using the best suited herbal blend to your conditions
- Learning about the steam practice more in depth so that you can understand better what you are doing
- Having the opportunity to ask questions around reproductive health in relationship with pelvic steaming
Peristeam Hydrotherapy Institute certified Peristeam (medical term for pelvic steaming) Hydrotherapists have gone through the education on vaginal steaming based on the evidence-based case studies combined with the TCM perspectives. As experiential practitioners, they have the knowledge and skill to discern the client’s underlying cause of imbalances and to guide them with the tailor-made steaming plan.
If you have the following conditions, I will highly recommend to book a consultation with a practitioner before starting by yourself to avoid any undesired outcome:
- Labor Preparation
- Postpartum recovery (within 1 year after giving birth)
- Pregnancy loss
- Active infection
- Abnormal bleeding
- Unexplained fertility difficulty